About:amap : A tool to analyze .MAP files produced by 32/64-bit Visual Studio compiler and report the amount of memory being used by data and code.
This app can also read and analyze MAP files produced by the GCC, Xbox360, Wii, PS3 (gcc and SNC), and PS4 compilers.
- Grouping by module, by file, and by section
- Searching substrings
- Command line arguments
- Can be used as a command line tool, although it is still a GUI app
- Sorting by columns
- Drag & Drop
- Works on Windows and Linux
- Works with Wine on Linux
Command line arguments:Usage: amap [options] [map-file-name]
Options: -f - output result info files, -g - output result via GUI. In case of the -f option amap will create four new files (with extensions .all, .module, .file, and .section) next to a map file.
TODO:If your map-file cannot be parsed by amap, please e-mail it to me and I will take a look at it.
Instalation:Application doesn't require installation.
- Application for Win 64 v0.16
- Application for Win 32 v0.16
- Application for Ubuntu 14.10 x64 v0.16 linked against GTK.
- Application for Ubuntu 14.10 x64 v0.16 linked against X11. Minimal set of dependencies. Useful if you do not have GTK installed or configured.
- Version 0.16
- Improved parsing of GCC for ARM map files.
- Version 0.15
- Improved parsing of GCC map files. There is still a knonw issue with parsing of map files compiled for ARM. In this case all symbols are marked as belonging to .text sub-section.
- Version 0.14
- Added GCC name demangling. Both Linux and Windows executables can demangle GCC names. Windows executables are compiled with MINGW now.
- Version 0.13
- Added parsing of GCC map files. No name demangling yet.
- Version 0.12
- Added parsing of PS4 map files.
- Version 0.11
- Fixed parsing of PS3 SNC map files.
- Version 0.10
- Added handling of command line arguments. usage: amap [options] [map-file-name]. Options: -f - output result info files, -g - output result via GUI. In case of the -f option amap will create four new files (with extensions .all, .module, .file, and .section) next to a map file.
- Version 0.9
- Added "Num of records" column.
- Version 0.8
- Added "By Section" tab.
- Version 0.7
- Fixed parsing of 64-bit MSVC map files.